The Old Workhouse
Nidderdale Museum | Pateley Bridge
Nidderdale Museum was founded in 1975 by a group of enthusiasts who realised that much of the traditional life of the dale was quickly disappearing. The museum building, erected in 1863, was originally the Pateley Bridge Union Workhouse.
With a large collection illustrating all aspects of life in Nidderdale. It reflects the life of people in imaginative and realistic settings. We have 11 rooms devoted to Leisure, Agriculture, Industry, Religion, Transport, Costume, an original Cobblers Shop, Victorian Parlour, General Store and Schoolroom and much more.
We operate a small admission charge. Children who are accompanied by an adult visit free of charge.
We take bookings for schools and groups who wish to visit the museum outside of normal opening hours and evenings. Bookings must be made in advance, please call us or email for further information or to make a booking request.
The museum has toilets available, as well as a disabled toilet. We are located on the first floor - a stairlift is available for use by visitors, please ring for further details. If you are traveling to the museum by car, there is some parking available outside the museum as well as a disabled parking bay. Further parking is available in Pateley Bridge town centre.